Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First After the First

Here I go, unscripted and unplanned. Blogging my way into the new year. It struck me the other day how much I love to write, how rarely I do it lately, and what a voice the internet provides. Whether or not there is an ear (or eye) on the other end to receive it. So here I am, joining the veritable seas of bloggers, to be read or ignored. It is of no importance; The reception is not the reason for the call.

A beautiful friend of mine posted that today was the New Moon/Solar Eclipse, and reminded us all to do a little of everything we hoped to do throughout our lives today, authentically ourselves. This resonates with me, though I know little of the 'why' behind her advice. Here I am, Shell, and thanks!

To be authentic... Now there is a draw. This is what I am really after. It seems this is an intention above all else, as it is something to be more deeply understood as we each understand our Selves more deeply. To live out of who I am, in every waking moment, without putting on airs or projecting any particular image. Certainly this has always been my aim, though I find, in retrospect, that rooted importance I have put in the perceptions of others.

Something that has been nagging of late is the proposed methods for creating reality. I do not doubt the relevancy of the concept; Surely I have experienced it within my own life, probably more times than I recognize. There are many suggestions on just how to do this. While reviewing a journal meant for just this purpose, I was struck by the overall tone of the pages. I felt compelled to cut them from the book immediately, though I did not (but still might). My words seemed almost desperate. Silly. Unbelieving.

I realized that, while I do not doubt that there is truth in all of these tidbits of advise from friends along the way, I have to come by the knowledge through my own understanding if I am to believe it. It's not about semantics, methodology or what color pen I write with. It is about truth, voice, power, authenticity.

From here I seek to build a life filled with adventure, love, bliss, sharing and service. I may not know the how in every moment of my shifting, but I do know the what, and this I will call to myself by way of pure appreciation and desire.

Interestingly, as always, the right lessons have been presenting themselves almost as quickly as the question was asked.

What will this year - and those that follow - hold? Our rEvolution is happening, and most of us can feel the momentum building, the waves moving throughout the fold in rhythmic synchronicity. Let us tune in. Let us see each other - and ourselves - not as we were, but as we are: pure potential, on an earthly journey and ready to discover and embody our purpose. As Goethe said, "If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be." Let us fill the world with love, light and wild, unbridled laughter for the fun of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment